Wednesday, August 02, 2006

People get in the way

You ever notice how people get in the way of being a "good Christian"? I mean, I would be so kind, patient, thoughtful, and loving if people would just leave me alone and do what I want them to do. Really. I'm not kidding. I'd be an example you all could point to. Really. I would. But those darn people keep bothering me. They interrupt my plan, they have needs, it's relentless. I don't know about you, but this is a real problem for me.

As I see it, I can either continue to delude myself that "they" are the problem (hasn't really worked thus far), or I can apply God's word to this and see what it gets me. Well now, that last one will work, but it requires me to humble myself, submit to His authority, and take the blame. All of it. Bummer. It is actually the only option that is real. The only one that works. Because that's what it was designed to do--break me from myself, my pride, and this world, training me to fix my eyes on Jesus and heaven.

Would you pray for me to be quicker to do this? I'll pray for you, too. We both know we need it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment