Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Duh

I really shouldn't use that title. Surely I'll want to use it again. I could follow the lead of the other non-creative people (clustered in Hollywood studios) and go with Duh 2, Duh 3, etc. Hmm...we'll see how it goes.

This Duh Moment (should we call them DMs for short? Better than BMs, I suppose.) is brought to you by the realization that training is important in your job. This shouldn't really be a newsflash, but it occurred to me this morning in the shower (where all of my deep thinking occurs). Part of my lower stress homeschooling this year is due to the fact that I attended the Veritas Teacher Training in July. The "How" got reinforced and answered with training, and the "Why" was answered with the encouragement of other people trying to accomplish the same thing I am. Those are important things to have reinforced each school year. Duh.

Most importantly, God really used that time to help me let go of many fears. You know how once you know the truth, you can't un-know it? Well, that's really what happened for me there. The truth of the responsibility for educating my children comes from God. Whether I partner with a school to do it (good luck, where I live) or if I take it upon myself, the bottom line is that God has told us parents to train them up in the way they should go, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment