Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Halfway Around the World

As I was waiting for my turn in the stylist's chair, I found myself drawn in to the conversation she was having with the woman already seated there. The woman was planning a trip to Africa to do short term missions work. The 3 of us chatted away about God's seasons of service in our lives as women, and it became one of those times when things "just clicked". She has returned from her month in Africa, helping to build an orphanage. There is a website for the group with whom she is affiliated. Check it out here.

I cannot even begin to fathom the children orphaned by AIDS in Africa. It is simply a number my brain will not accept. If you are so inclined, please do make a donation. They are a small group, directly working with people in Swaziland, Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment