Saturday, August 12, 2006

Beware of terrorists

My very busy husband hasn't had a chance to stop and smell the BS from the mainstreem media lately. So I proceeded to clue him in on the latest terrorist plot to be stopped. As I told him though, I couldn't help but be a smarty pants (you're shocked, I know). The exchange went something like this:

"So, honey, the Brits saved several planes from being bombed on their way from the UK to the US."

"What were the terrorists planning to do?"

"Make bombs on the planes by mixing liquids or something like that. Now liquids are banned from airlfight."

"Who were these guys?"

"Well, I'd rather not say, as their names might prejudice you toward people with similar names."

"Ok. What did they look like? Where were they from? To what groups do they belong?"

"I'd rather not say. I'd hate to have you mistake someone who shares certain characteristics, which all the terrorists share, for an actual terorist. But it is very important to be on the lookout and be aware."

"Let me get this straight, you won't tell me who they are, what they look like, what part of the world they were from, or any significant detail about them, and you want me to be on the lookout?"

"Yep. That's the idea." [insert sly grin here]

No comments:

Post a Comment