Tuesday, August 15, 2006

One Down

A few hundred more to go. Homeschool days, that is. Yesterday was our first and it went better than it could have. It was WAY longer than I wanted it to be, though. Getting the Kidathons back to the routine will take some doing, I can see. We took about 3 weeks off, and that is plenty, I am convinced.

This year, I can see we will be fighting laziness ("Do I have to do this part, or can I skip it?") and pride("Why do the directions even tell us to do this. It seems silly."). I am grateful to be teaching them, as I know those are two things generally not on the agenda of a classroom teacher.

So far so good :-)

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about those things (laziness and pride) not usually being addressed in a classroom!

    I have instituted a no complaining policy for our school this year. I will probably have the most trouble with that one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to that! I am already weary and it is only Thursday.

    ReplyDelete