Monday, July 02, 2007

Heavens to Betsy!

I have no idea where that phrase comes from, but it pretty much sums up my last few days. Since I last blogged, we have added a new member to our family, lost internet, and I was out for the count with the flu. Thus, I have had LOTS to say, and no ability to say it. Hmm...wondering if there is a lesson there? ;-)

We now have TeenGirl-a-thon with us (really, these names are getting a bit ridiculous). Her story is heartbreaking, but not rare. As we have come to know her and a few of her friends, they have all been in the same situation growing up: parents on drugs, on welfare (fraudulently) and kids basically fending for themselves. By the grace of God, this child has managed to stay out of big trouble, and has maintained a positive and even thoughtful attitude.

I wonder how it will all be over time, but for now, I have been nothing short of amazed at the things I have seen this child endure.

Please keep us in your prayers, as we are figuring it all out as we go, over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment