Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Future is Now

I just finished a practice session for my son's online Omnibus I class. It uses VoIP (voice over internet protocol) so that students can hear and speak to each other as though they are in the same room. I am thrilled and amazed that my son and about 20 other students from around the world will be taught by Bruce Etter of Veritas Academy. Now even more people can benefit from the generosity of teachers like Mr. Etter. He is teaching two classes in the evenings (after full days of work!). The time change works out marvelously for us, as it puts the class at about 2PM our time.

I am so excited about the prospects of this opportunity. Imagine what this means for people in rural little no where towns? Or stranded on an island in the Pacific, for that matter. As long as teachers are willing to share their expertise this way, geography will no longer be a factor in the quality of one's education. I know several of you have done this before. And some of you are even those college teachers who have done this for years, but it's all new to me! :-)

Now if we can get Boy-a-thon as excited as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment