Friday, July 06, 2007

A Time For Everything


In the last few days, two dear families have moved away, and though that is part and parcel of living here, it has been hard to say goodbye.

One friend met her husband, got married, and had two babies here. One friend and I shared the last seven years of our children's lives together. Both of them have been dear to me in many ways. We've had laughter and tears and a few good bottles of wine. God blessed me with them, and I am sad that it is over now. Sure, we will be able to stay in touch (better than ever with Email) but it isn't the same as having those last minute get-togethers.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sad too. But like you said it's all part of living here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the pluses is that I have met some other "lifers" and that has made a big difference. Those of us who moved here, seem to live almost an exile's existence sometimes, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up until recently, we've always been the ones who are leaving. Now we're being left. :-( Personally, I think it's harder to have friends move away than to be the ones who move.

    As my mom says, "Life is just a series of adjustments." Yep. It'll be neat to see who God will bring here to us next, won't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am looking forward to meeting whomever joins our little church family. And you are absolutely right--it is easier to leave than be left. Yep, life is ever changing, indeed...

    ReplyDelete