Friday, June 22, 2007

Sickos, Bullies, and Crap. Oh my!

Here's what I found when I was looking for lighthearted morning news.

Sickos
Coach, 40, Weds 16-Year-Old Student
Anguished Parents Sign Consent Forms, Saying They Had No Choice
Right. There appears to be an epidemic of parents with no choice but to fail their children. Poor parents...it really is about them, after all.
Full story here. Be forewarned--it's filled with adults suffering from idiocy.

Bullies
Severe Bullying Caused Teen To Contemplate Suicide

Watch this. Key in on the schools' response and their idea of "normal middle school behavior".

Crap
Video Game Addiction: A Medical Disorder?
American Medical Association Seeks To Have Obsessive Game Playing Declared A Psychiatric Disorder
Full story here.
I suppose it is possible there are cases where this is actually a problem, however, something tells me that video games are not the responsbible party here. My first clues are that video games are inanimate, and require the will of a human in order to operate.

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment