Friday, May 04, 2007

Family (Again)

As I re-read my last post, I realized it could be interpreted that I was judging those around me. I confess that that was indeed my initial reaction in the office. (I am not prone to love those who "aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing." Of course I do have plenty of rational explanations (read: excuses) for my own tendency to fall short.)

However, the reason that the situation stuck with me was--no, not PTSD--because of the stark examples it provided. Each of those people I mentioned were experiencing the chaos of fractured family life (and taking the entire doctor's office along for the ride, too). This is what happens to a culture at large when the family falls apart.

Why Should Anyone Care?
It seems almost un-American to care what happens in someone else's family. However, if you think the chaos inside someone else's four walls doesn't have a direct impact on you and your life, you just plain don't know your history.

Clearly, this isn't going away, so expect more thoughts later...

No comments:

Post a Comment