Monday, January 03, 2011

Post Christmas Post

It was a good couple a weeks around here, and for that we are eternally grateful. DAT had Christmas and New Year's days off and even had an extra day off since Christmas fell on a weekend. (Finally a federal labor law that is useful.)

My mom, "Nanny", came to visit, and that always makes for a happy time. She is an optimist and then some, and it was good to see her smiling face each morning. I noticed when I picked her up from the airport that her amazing blue eyes fade in my memory; so they were stunning all over again. Each day we got up early and shared a pot of coffee, trying to solve the problems of the world. I tried my darnedest not to talk politics or bad mouth Dear Leader, but I just couldn't help myself. I don't think she was too offended. We didn't go anywhere, really, or do much at all, but it was good to have an old fashioned visit. Remember those?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:20 AM

    Yay!! You're blogging again!
    So glad you got to visit with your mom.

    ReplyDelete