Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A Day Late (or 3 or 4)

So, my friend in Rome discovered this cool thing. I don't really even know what it means or is, but it sounds like a good idea. It seems nicely organized, too. Only problem for me, is it's 10:45PM on January 3, and I should have been ready to roll with it on January 1. Provided I can find whatever in the world a Molskine is and prepare one before the week is over, I just may try to do this Partnering to Remember (P2R) thing. Or I may try to find materials for the guy's Ephesians memory thingy, since we'll be diving into that for Sunday school...

Either way, like my friend, my faith is also sagging and needs some steel reinforcements a la this quote from Donald Whitney:
Memorizing Scripture is like reinforcing steel to a sagging faith, for it strengthens your faith by repeatedly reinforcing the truth, often just when you need to hear it again.

Thanks Anne, for the good info on a great idea.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:18 AM

    It does my heart good to think that even separated by a couple of oceans, we could be memorizing the same Scripture. :-) Moleskines are super cool (I've carried one in my purse for years) and you can find them at Borders. But Charlie is doing it without the nerd organizing tool, and he's ahead of me!
    It's definitely not too late to start. The first week's assignment - Phil 1:1-6 - is pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete