Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Nice June Snow

Yes, snow is predicted for the weather here tomorrow. (Does it start to make sense now why I had to move away?) It is currently 36 degrees and was raining earlier. If it continues to rain as the temp drops we will indeed get snow tonight. Whether it will be there when I wake up is another story. It hailed a few days ago when Teen-A-Thon was still here. It was the first time any of the kids had seen--or heard--a hailstorm. The kids thought that was pretty wild.

Anyway...the pies were excellent. Girl-A-Thon and I made them with Splenda, as my mother (a tiny pie person) is diabetic. We've been enjoying dinners together at the dinner table each night which is a different routine for the folks who live here all the time. Everyone seems to like it, though. I know I love cooking for my family--it's a love language of mine, for sure.

3 comments:

  1. If you don't stop all this snow and cold weather talk, I'm going to have to stop reading your blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think I miss that area of the country, but snow in June? No thanks. It sounds like you all are having a great time on your summer adventures. Eat some pie for me, you big pie person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, snow in June really is ludicrous. But please don't hold the weather against me ;-) Of course it is now "warming up" and is in the 50s.

    ReplyDelete