Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Busy Few Days



In the past few days, we have had some fun. I climbed "Man's Face" with Boy-A-Thon. Man's Face is the same mountain I climbed as a little girl in the summertime. I used to pack a lunch and a jar or two (for blue belly lizards and horny toads) into a backpack, sling a BB gun over my shoulder and head up the hill with my best friend, Keith Hodges. It was really something to share that with my son. Of course, we didn't pack a lunch, we brought water bottles. And my son did not recevie a BB gun for his 5th birthday, so that was missing too. Regardless, we both had a great time. (Note: climbing at 38 is significantly different than climbing at 8! At 38 you end the climb with elevated iced knees and Motrin!)

6 comments:

  1. Kind of like trying to climb trees at 38.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What has happened to your children in the past year?! Boy-a-thon is so tall he looks like he's on stilts, and girl-a-thon is a beautiful young lady. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, you are soooo right! this is the year of humbling Mom-A-Thon! I don't know how it happened, but someone has replaced my perfectly agile body with some stiff old creaky bones.

    Malia--you are not kidding. Boy-A-Thon is about an inch shorter than I am and weighs 10 pounds less than me. Girl-A-Thon has truly become teh little lady she always was in her mind :-) Hold them close--it goes VERY fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all okay. My kids will always have the story of,"You know, when Mrs.___ tried to climb the tree in our backyard." It came up the other day for some reason. We all had a good giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! I was not finished. I did add, "She could have done it. That branch is just positioned weird.:)"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I could have done it. If I had more upper body strength. And weighed less. And...and...but REALLY, it is the branch's position at fault! I was thinking of the tree attempt and asking "What in the WORLD was I thinking?"

    ReplyDelete