Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ex Duco

This is the source for the English word educate. It means to lead out of (one's self).

That was never truer to me than it is this week. We have begun our school year here, and it is definitely leading me out of self.

For starters, this year marks my sixth year homeschooling. (That is amazing to me!) Most of you who are homeschooling know that every year is different. (This year is especially different in that I am adding another child to my roster of students. I am now teaching 6th, 7th, and 12th-ish grades.) For me, each year is different, and also intimidating. Each time I consider all that is to be accomplished with each child, I am overwhelmed. I think to myself: There is simply no way I am going to be able to make all this happen!

You know what? Without the strength of Christ, my fears are well founded--I can't accomplish the year ahead in my own strength. Luckily, I am reminded by good training and good friends, that we serve an awesome God.

So, I have decided to anchor myself to Phillipians 4:13--I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me--and trust that God will be the same God this year that He was, and will be throughout eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment