Friday, February 23, 2007

Vacation-a-thon

We are on the last few days of a truly great family vacation. You know, I really like the people in my family:-) That may seem obvious, but I do love people I don't really like. I'm not very good at it, but I do try to obey God in this regard. In so doing, I find it wonderful to appreciate loving people that I like, as well. God is so funny that way. He always makes it more than worth it to obey him. I like that, too.

We spent a week here, which was awesome. It was, however, colder than last year, so we did have a few unpleasant chills. But it served its purpose--boy-a-thon is over his desire to live in Utah. He decided his ol' mom is right: snow is a nice thing to to visit.

We flew to L.A. where upon landing in the enchanted airport, we knew we were definitely not in Kansas anymore. As we looked around in wide-eyed amazement, we saw right away that this was an entirely different land. Just like those other travelers trapped in Oz, we linked arms to stay safe and we chanted while we walked down the path to the rental car busstop:

"Escalades...
...boobs...
...and Botox, oh my!"

The next five days we spent here. Last night, we met up with old friends, and had incredible Mexican food. This afternoon, girl-a-thon and I are headed here.


Lots of interesting observations that I'll be posting about when we get home!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's been a great trip...and I'm sure a much needed break from the hustle and bustle of life. We look forward to having you all back though.

    ReplyDelete