Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"It’s going to get a lot of Christians with their knickers in a knot unnecessarily.”

I'm no DNA expert, but don't you need the mother and father's DNA to determine genetic
identity? Wonder where Jim Cameron got God's DNA? In case you're even later to this story than I am, it seems the Titanic/Terminator dude has found Jesus' "residue". Do read the whole thing.
I agree with this guy:
“This is exploiting the whole trend that caught on with ‘The Da Vinci Code,’ ” said Lawrence E. Stager, the Dorot professor of archaeology of Israel at Harvard, in a telephone interview. “One of the problems is there are so many biblically illiterate people around the world that they don’t know what is real (emphasis mine) judicious assessment and what is what some of us in the field call ‘fantastic archaeology.’ ”
Any of you who know me, know it is almost painful for me to read fiction. But I tried, I really did, to read Da Vinci code. It was so poorly written, I just couldn't take it. I was actually stunned that so many people had read it. The movie was kind of fun, but could have been much better. The real point to be made, here, is that it is a work of fiction. (Christians should pay attention to that categorization as well as non-believers.) It makes no more sense to believe in the premises of Da Vinci Code, than it does to believe that there's a real Willy Wonka with lickable wallpaper.
I plan to use the premises put forth in the documentary in my son's logic lesson this week. (We have been on vacation, and he needs some easy exercises to get back into his logic groove.)

No comments:

Post a Comment