Thursday, February 01, 2007

I think I'm Gonna Hurl

For the love of Pete, someone tell me this is not actually happening: Al Gore is nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize?
"A prerequisite for winning the Nobel Peace Prize is making a difference, and Al Gore has made a difference," Conservative Member of Parliament Boerge Brende, a former minister of environment and then of trade, told The Associated Press.

Silly me. I thought the Nobel Peace Prize was supposed to have something to do with furthering peace.
You know, they don't have to award a prize at all. There are many years where no peace prize was even awarded. On the other hand, if one can be nominated for the Nobel Peace prize for telling people they need to clean up after themselves, or the world will be a mess, every mom I know is hereby nominated!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah between this and Jane Fonda being honored in the "100 Women of the Century"...I'm feeling pretty nauseated. It's sad that people are honoring the blind.

    ReplyDelete