Monday, October 23, 2006

Re-Calibrated

After much complaining about the electric bill, and questioning just why it is we live here, I was reminded. Yesterday we went to church. I need to be re-calibrated every week as to what exactly matters in this life and what does not. It matters that we are in fellowship with other believers. It matters that my eyes are focused on the One who truly satisfies, and not the things of this world. And it matters that I stop and look at just how good my life is.

Further, the reason we live here is that our little church is really a special place. The people there have truly become our family. And though I may be able to live a thoroughly more comfortable life somewhere else, I can't bear the thought of living it without these special brothers and sisters in Christ.

Yes, it can be very challenging to live here in Hawaii. But as an old friend once said, when I foolishly called her to complain about my life's challenges, "Effing Waa!"

No comments:

Post a Comment