Friday, September 15, 2006

Would Someone Please Take the Mic Away?

As I was commenting on the PalmtreePundit's blog, I realized, I have a lot more to say.
Basically, I want the ignorant people to stop talking. Or at least, to stop having a national venue in which to demonstrate their incredible levels of ignorance.
It's not that anyone who doesn't agree with me is stupid--though I might actually believe that somewhere inside--but when disagreement with me is based on utter stupidity, I simply want to scream: "Please* shut up!"

Lately, this applies to Rosie O'Donnell and her comparison of radical Islam and radical Chrisitanity as equals in terms of danger to our nation. (See the video here.) Now this is clearly not true, and shouldn't bother me at all. However, that statement says so much more than its face value. She is not simply wrong, she is incredibly ignorant. Because, boys and girls, the mere fact that a lesbian woman is even alive to say such a thing demonstrates the huge chasm between Islamic fascists, and even the wackiest of Christians. Christianity teaches love for Ms. O'Donnell and condemns her sinful lifestyle ; it doesn't sanction her murder.

*Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. I also read that on Palmtreepundit's blog. I am still very bothered by Ms. O'Donnell's comment too. I understand that people have a right to their own opinions but I definitely feel like this is crossing the line...the line of ignorance....and she is spreading a message of hate for Christians since she is comparing them to Islamic radicals (a lost group of people that need to be prayed for). So really she is the one that is a danger to America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:29 PM

    As a wise man I know well says, There's no accounting for how stupid people are. Rosie needs to look around and be thankful for her life rather than spouting inane and flat wrong isms.

    ReplyDelete