Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What a Bunch of Nasties

So, I found myself Googling the Duggar family this evening. It seems a guy I grew up with has a life similar to theirs in terms of beliefs, birth control, and whatever else that particular group of folks is into. Seeing as how I grew up with this guy, I am quite curious to learn just what can cause the ol' pendulum to swing so far from one end of the spectrum to the other in a few short years.

Well, at the Discovery Health channel site for the family, there is a forum to ask questions, and make comments on the Duggar family. I only hope the Duggar family kids aren't reading any of those posts, because not many are very nice at all. Serious judgement and nastiness toward this family is the norm. There are also a few snide comments from those I assume are defending Christianity in general, but the Duggar flavor of it, in particular.

Quite frankly, I was surprised. There are entire discussions going on about the obvious (number of kids, being wacko Christians, etc.) and the not so obvious (kids helping to build the house takes jobs away from the construction industry!) I am baffled that there is so much interest in telling this family that they are wrong. Where are the Diversity Police for the Duggars? ;-)

If you get a chance, check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment