Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Trying to Be Better About Writing

So, that's my goal. Yes, I'm aware of its vagueness. Yes, it's intentional.

Honestly, I think Facebook has stolen some of my need to "reach out and touch someone" through a blog...

Today I am hopefully finishing up the lesson planning and scheduling for the first few weeks of the school year. I wish I could say that it took really long, but the truth is that I procrastinated like a champ. Part of it was my overwhelm mode, and not really knowing where to begin. Part of it was a slight bit of depression. And part was just plain laziness.

Procrastination is a vicious cycle and a trait that I share with my sister and mom. We are visiters, you see (no that's not spelled wrong). We like to hang. We could (and have) spent an entire day in our jammies drinking coffee and chatting a the kitchen table. We have an effect on each other that makes us even worse procrastinators when we are together, too!

I saw Femina had a post about laziness, and it just seems too simplistic to me. If only the solution were that simple: "Don't waste time--you could have a tragedy, and not be able to do what you are able to do now." That kind of "encouragement" has never rung true to me It's too surface-y. Personally, I need divine intervention to truly internalize the gravity of the sin of wasting time...

No comments:

Post a Comment