Friday, August 05, 2011

Bad Blogger!

Yes, I am terrible at keeping up with this. I need to follow my own advice about writing every day...

I am moved to write about the mob incident at the Wisconsin State Fair. Unfortunately, I think this is a sign of a building tension that is going to overflow during the 2012 election. (The last time I thought something seemed to be more of a harbinger of things to come than was being noticed, was the attack on the USS Cole. I didn't say anything about that thought then, but I'm going to say this one out loud.)

I don't know anything, and I am no military or political strategist. But I do understand when things give off a vibe. And this, just like the attack on the Cole, is tweaking my Spidey senses. Our country is stressed out. We are in wars all over the place, we are functioning in an utterly complete leadership vacuum on all fronts: national, local, and even personal. Every American, save POTUS, has been affected by the economic mess we are in, and 51% of the nation is being paid for by the other 49%. There is an entitlement mentality that has no basis in reality and is perpetuated by an impotent education system that prioritizes condoms on bananas over multiplication tables. We are in trouble.

We need to pray for our nation now more than we have ever prayed for it before. I truly believe we are at a crossroads that will determine just what the future is for our children and grandchildren. Sadly, I think our children and their children will know intimately the experiences of the people who fought to found this nation. I pray that I am wrong. I pray that this nation remembers its roots. I pray that real leaders would emerge and help guide the country. I pray that the violence in our communities will not grow.

Gotta go now--and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment