Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Found Some Time

And I need to use it here to apologize. Publicly. To the National Organization for Women (NOW). For a while now, I've been criticizing NOW for being dishonest. I've been known to say things like, "How can they call themselves the National Organization for Women, when they spew such vitriol and hate toward Sarah Palin?" (You know, I was surprised by that because she's a...woman.) I've pondered the hubris of co-opting the idea that you speak for all women, when you actually only support a sub-group of women whose politics are of a particular bent.

I came to realize my thoughtlessness, when I recently saw a "NOW:Keep Abortion Legal" sticker. That's when it hit me...NOLLHMAW would not fit nicely on a sticker, if you wanted to put anything else on the sticker...or T-Shirt for that matter. And let's face it, it's just not a catchy acronym. Therefore, I publicly apologize to NOW for not coming out of the closet as the National Organization of Left Leaning Hate Mongering Angry Women (NOLLHMAW).
(It really loses it's flow in the honest portrayal, doesn't it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment