Friday, April 11, 2008

Blogging Purpose?

I am trying to figure out just what the point of my blogging is. Originally I did this anonymously, hoping to "let it rip" with my thoughts, feelings, opinions. Then I found that I wasn't nearly as crass as I thought I'd be, so I "outed" myself.

However, there have been many times that I'd like to get my thoughts written down, and haven't because I would hate to be misunderstood by those who know me and read this blog.

In the past, I was an avid writer. I have so many stories. Many of them about life in general, and some about things I am learning along the way. But since blogging, my "real" writing has been non-existent. The problem is that blogging just doesn't "feed the bulldog" as my friend Kathy would say.
I guess I was hoping for more interaction? And though I do appreciate any interaction, the reality is that it primarily occurs when I change the look of the blog. Nothing against that, it's just that the bulldog needs something a bit more substantial. I suppose that is why I haven't really blogged a whole lot in general, and recently in particular.

Again, I am just rambling and writing out thoughts as they come....

2 comments:

  1. I have had the same thoughts. It is hard to truly blog when everyone knows your identity. That is why my blod eventually turned into a family blog. I figured even if no one else cared about the goings on in our family, at least the long distance family members would enjoy it. Now, because of the turn our life has taken, I am questioning if that was a wise choice or not. I reread every post a worry if it is too much info for the general public. Anyway, you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is tricky. There is something therapeutic about blogging, but it still leaves me wanting somewhat...

    ReplyDelete