Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving





Among the many things for which I am ever so grateful, my husband really tops the list. I scored in this department. As persons go, he is pretty grand, and as husbands go, I think he is in a class by himself. Mostly, I think I love him because he really loves me.

The occasionally tortured existence of one who lives far from their "family of origin" brings a bit of the blues during holidays. For me it's the ache that they're together enjoying old memories, making new ones, and I'm not a part of it. My husband has a special knack to be extra considerate during these times. And believe me, for this man to be extra considerate takes some doing, as he is generally very thoughtful.

This Thanksgiving, however, he topped himself bigtime. He woke up at 4:15 AM--on a day he could have slept in--and our family went on a hike to watch the sun rise on the ocean. We packed a picnic breakfast and did exactly what I wanted to do to kick off turkey day. And save for one short stint of whining by Boy-A-Thon, it was perfect.

Enjoy the sights. Because, if seeing this incredible creation that God has given us to enjoy doesn't make you thankful, well, then nothing will.

Have a great holiday, and hug you family tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment