Monday, November 06, 2006

Happy Feet Pushes Flu Meds

Yesterday, I was lying in bed trying to recover from truly miserable neck and back pain. (By the way, I have total understanding for anyone who is addicted to pain meds.) This left me able to do some reading, though that began to exacerbate the pain. Finally, I gave in, and watched a bit of TV. This is always a mistake for me, because I am so critical of the tube. This time was no exception. I saw what I thought would be a trailer for the movie "Happy Feet". However, it was instead, a commercial for antiviral flu meds. You've got to give kudos to the ad agency--very clever, indeed. I mean I would have thought that all possible avenues for cramming advertisements into our lives had been taken. However, advertisers always seem able to find a new wall to spraypaint, so to speak. And better yet, they found a way to get the children to do a word of mouth campaign for them.
Fear not, if you have't yet seen this partnership between the children's film and the flu med manufacutrer, you will. This, from the RocheUSA website:
Full page print ads will appear in national magazines including Fitness, Family Circle, O, Martha Stewart Living, and others. There will be on-line advertising on sites such as www.ivillage.com. Roche is extending the campaign to airports and movie theatres.

No comments:

Post a Comment