Friday, April 20, 2007

"What Do You Know of the Latest Tragedy?"

That was my dad's question when I finally reached him this morning. (He was referring to the attack on my nephew) Its accuracy struck me. The events that cause all the members of my family to get in touch basically involve tragedy. Though I would never describe us as a close family, we do know how to rally in an emergency. We do know how to do that.

It is heartbreaking to me that the very means God has given us to experience his love and grace, the family, has become so injured in our culture. My own family of origin is certainly not in the worst shape, but it does suffer serious wounds.

Knowing what I know now, it is gutwrenching to know that the people whom I love dearly suffer so much. I know. I have been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment