Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Think I'm Gonna Hurl (yes, this is the second time I've used that headline)



“It’s a unique time in Washington and this photo helps capture all of the reasons why,” Graff said. “It’s not a normal way to look at a president of the United States but this is not a normal president.”

I couldn't agree more with that statement,though most assuredly, the person making it and I couldn't have more different meanings.

If this is the new normal, I am confident the hurling will continue. This is an article on a NEWS website and is written about the news coverage of The One's abs and pecs, the first dog, and the sleevelessness of FLOTUS' dresses.
SERIOUSLY. The only thing more asinine than reporting on those frivolous topics is reporting about that reporting!! And calling this reporting is being kind here, by the way. At least make it an opinion piece, and make some kind of statement.
If this is what we have in Washington to "keep 'em honest" we're all in deep kim chee.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting too how you never hear anything about the war anymore or much on the economy (unless it's positive). It's amazing how calm it makes a nation when the media stops trying to freak everyone out...the crazy thing is nothing has changed...we still have a war and the economy still stinks. But if I hear one more story about the first family's dog I will be hurling right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! It's almost bizarre how the bias that I thought might be in the media (but I really didn't want to believe) is so obvious--especially now.

    ReplyDelete