Friday, June 30, 2006

Last Straw

I have had an interesting few weeks which have given me pause. Among the issues over which I currently perseverate (look it up) are child-rearing, the meaning of friendship, the meaning of "Christian", and wondering if one can evolve from a Type A personality to a Type B.

The final straw which caused me to start this blog was the book The One Minute Dad by Spencer Johnson, M.D. (Are you kidding me? One minute?) I got that, along with The Hurried Child by David Elkind at the public library's used book sale. Those, a Far Side Gallery and a Calvin & Hobbes collection set me back a whopping $3.50. This girl does love a baragain.

The Hurried Child was published in 1981, by the way....Does anyone heed social warnings? I am curious, do any of you out there know of a time in history when a social warning resulted in a redirection of some sort?

No comments:

Post a Comment